Sunday, September 12, 2010

9.11.10 page 5



September 11th page 5

On this day, we went to Wings Over Halls Air Show. It is also the 65th Anniversary of the End of WWII. At the Air Show you could ride on the B-17 for $425.00 and no, I didn't get to do that but my husband would have given his left arm to have been able to.

The picture is a little out of focus because I took it in my kitchen and the light is not the best and the flash tends to be too bright. So what's a girl to do?!

The handwritten sentiment is "Remember."

Everyone has a 9/11 story, here is mine: We were living in Florida at the time and I was 6 months pregnant with my first child. We had a spiral staircase in our apartment. I had on a dress and was coming down the staircase and fell. I ended up going to my OBGYN since I couldn't feel the baby move. Enroute to the doctor's office, I was listening to the radio and heard about the Twin Towers. It wasn't until I got to the OBGYN's office that the reality set in. Everyone was glued to the TV's: the smoke, the cries, the death.

I am happy to report that nothing was wrong with the baby and he is now 8, but our lives have forever been altered. Remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment